Find Your Dream HomeBuying a “dream home” is an undertaking that almost everyone hopes to tackle someday, but finding that home can be another thing entirely. Whether you are looking for a sleek and modern loft or a Victorian with all of the character of the age, you likely want to find something that feels custom-made for you and your family. In any case, looking for a forever home requires making a number of additional considerations compared to any other real estate purchase. This property is one that you are likely planning to live in for the rest of your life or at least for the foreseeable future, so you want to make sure that it is a home that will keep you happy and meet your family’s needs for the long-term. So, how do you know which home is “the one” and what can help you figure it out? Well, most home buyers say that when you know, you’ll just know. But, if you want a little more concrete help, let these components of finding your next dream home guide you and consider hiring an expert to help you “sort the diamonds from the duds.”
1. Get All of the Community Information You CanOne of the first things you’ll need to do when looking for that perfect home is to find the area where you want to be. To do that, you’ll need to know the community. Be sure to consider the location, demographics, school reports, crime statistics, and more. You’ll also want to take into consideration the places of worship, public parks, restaurants, and other amenities in the area as far as those are important to you. To get a better feel for the market in the community you are considering, you can take a look at current maps and recent home sales. However, this information can sometimes be confusing for home buyers, so it is helpful to have the assistance of a knowledgeable realtor to help you navigate this information.
2. The Must-Haves to Make Your Forever HomeIn addition to the community, must-haves are another important consideration to make. If this is a home you plan to stay in long-term, you need to make sure it fits your requirements. It’s often helpful to buyers to create a list of aspects that are non-negotiable in their new home versus what would just be nice to have, etc. Be sure to consider how many bedrooms, bathrooms, and shared living spaces you need in your home. Also, consider your desired floor plan, finishes, and other components that are important to you. Presenting a list like this to a certified agent can help limit your searching time significantly as you won’t have to do all the “legwork” yourself.
3. Consider the Featured Listings In Your Preferred AreaWhen it comes to finding your perfect home, you don’t want to waste a lot of time looking through homes that don’t meet your needs and have your desired specifications. Working with an agent will help with this aspect of the house hunt, too. Instead of doing all of the research yourself, you’ll be able to take a look at the available premium listings. The homes included in the list are perfectly matched to your exact specifications and will save you time, making the process faster, easier, and more enjoyable.
4. Gain Access to Buyers ResourcesThe whole home buying process can be complicated and confusing, especially when you are in the market for your forever home. Using an agent gives you access to a variety of direct access buyer resources to aid you in the process. You’ll get more information on how a real estate agent can help you through the process, the best way to analyze your budget and financial ability, the ins and outs of home inspections, and more. Additional resources include information regarding:
• Home Appraisals & Fair Market Value
• Escrow & Closing Costs
• Financing Foreclosures
• Property Taxes
• Making a Fair Offer
5. Special Considerations In PhoenixPurchasing your forever home in the Phoenix area is complicated, but it’s not impossible. In addition to these considerations, you’ll also want to be sure to determine if the home you are considering is located in the Arizona flood plain, if there are any plans for new roads or freeways in the area, and even what type of homeowner policy you have to have on the specific type of property you are considering purchasing. All of these things are considerations a real estate agent can help you easily navigate.
If you are in the market for a home that seems more dream than reality, contact Sharon Steel today. Finding the right home for you in Phoenix isn’t easy, especially when you are doing it alone, so let a certified professional help you. Get help sorting through the different communities, determining your must-haves, considering the featured listings, and making additional considerations specific to the Phoenix area to make sure you make the right choice. Contact Sharon Steel today to find your forever home.